There have been a lot of trends and experiments around this online space. This space is becoming more and more competitive. How can you stand out in this cutthroat competition?
Here digital marketing comes in.
Digital marketing allows you to attract new audiences to your business and make them purchase from you.
However, digital marketing is an umbrella. And there are many facets to it. That is why many people find it daunting at first.
Here the success lies in knowledge. And this is the reason you must know digital marketing entirely.
In this piece, we will talk about six types of digital marketing strategies and their best practices.
What is Digital Marketing?
Simply put, digital marketing is leveraging digital medium to achieve your business goals. Starting from planning to execution – you do everything online.
If you want to stay relevant in your industry, digital marketing is key.
Without a web or digital presence, your business is losing out on countless opportunities to reach your target audience.
Don’t miss out – let’s learn digital marketing strategies today!
5 Types of Digital Marketing You Must Know
You can find a lot of digital marketing strategies online. However, here we will talk about top 5 strategies.
Social Media Marketing
Do you like scrolling memes all the time? Do you watch reels? Do you watch YouTube shorts?
Whenever you get bored, you spend your time watching social media. With the growing popularity of social media, this form of marketing has created a lot of buzz around the digital marketing space.
Simply put, social media marketing is leveraging social channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to achieve your business goals.
Let’s say you own a digital marketing agency; you created a business page across Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You post content regularly to gain followers. Once you gain prominence (follower base), consider promoting your business.
The above example was all about organic social media marketing. There is another facet to it – that is paid ads.
You can also set up ads according to your desired goals (lead generation, conversion, brand awareness, etc.).
- Huge scope of attracting traffic to your page. One or two viral posts can completely change your game.
- You can do it for free.
- The conversion rate is high.
- Here it would help if you stay updated with the algorithm changes. Plus, you have to be flexible. For example, there was a time when Instagram introduced IGTV. However, it’s not there anymore. Likewise, what’s popular today, does not necessarily remain popular tomorrow.
As the name suggests, content marketing is the conventional form where you leverage your content to achieve your business goals.
The most popular weapons of your content marketing arsenal are:
- Informative Videos.
- White pages.
- Instructional material.
- It is free of cost. All you need is to produce your content keeping your target audience in mind.
- It is the stepping stone to other forms of digital marketing as well. Wherever you go, you need content.
- As it is free to start, you’ll face tough competition here.
- Producing content consistently is a challenging task.
You may be wondering that emails are outdated, bla bla bla… But friend, let us tell you one thing – most of the top companies are taking advantage of emails. Why?
Because email marketing allows you to nurture your leads. Here you can build relationships with your audience and eventually turn them into your customers.
Let’s say you’re selling a digital marketing course. You run an advertisement on Facebook that attracts people to your website. You designed an enquiry form that requires adding personal information.
Once they added it, you sent them a welcome email followed by a series of emails. And finally you send one or two promotional emails to make them purchase your product. This is how email marketing works.
- There is no need to consider any algorithm change here. You can do it independently.
- Having one-on-one discussions helps you to stay top of the mind of your audience.
- Here you have to deal with open rates, unsubscribed emails, spam emails, etc.
Writing content is half the job done. You need to make it discoverable. And this is where SEO (search engine optimization) comes in.
SEO is the practice of optimizing your content and website to reach the top spot of search engine result pages.
Imagine you’ve written a blog on ‘15 content marketing tips’. You’ve written it with utmost care. However, you’re not getting the traffic you want and this is when you realized that you need to go through search engine optimization.
- It boosts your brand’s visibility.
- It’s an organic method, therefore comes with less cost.
- Dealing with algorithm changes requires a certain amount of flexibility.
Search Engine Marketing/Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Have you heard of SEM? It’s paid ads that show up at the top of the search results page. The more clicks the ad gets, the more you pay for it – that’s why it’s called “pay-per-click.”
- Unlike organic methods, here, you can expect quick results.
- You’ll get top results on search engines.
- The cost of an SEM campaign depends on the competitiveness of the keywords. So, if you’re targeting competitive keywords, you must pay a lot of money.
- Setting up the target audience is the ultimate hack here. If you do not target the right people, you’ll end up with random people without conversion. In turn, you end up wasting a lot of money.
The world is experiencing an exponential growth in the number of smartphone users. So, if you want to create a robust digital presence, mobile marketing is mandatory.
Here you have to be flexible enough to adapt to things that you’re performing on the desktop.
Different types of mobile marketing tactics are: In app marketing, sms marketing, location-based marketing, mobile image and search ads, etc.
- Your prospects are more likely to spend their time on mobiles. This form of marketing gives you the opportunity to tap into those users.
- With mobile marketing, you can easily target a specific audience (especially through geo-targeting)
- Mobile ads come with a lower click rate.
- People might get annoyed with the messages they receive.
The Final Takeaway
At this point, you know 6 types of digital marketing. But knowing the strategies is taking a drop of water from the ocean. You must know when to apply and how to apply these strategies.
We hope you found this article worth reading. If you need further guidance,or any kind of services like Guest Posting Services, Content Writing Services, Link Building Services, Blogger Outreach Services etc. feel free to reach out to us.