The Instagram social networking service allows users to share photos and videos. In 2010 Systrom and Krieger launched Instagram as a free mobile photo-sharing service that attracted more than 20 million users within a year. That same year an Android version was introduced, and it quickly became available in more than 30 languages.
The app is primarily used as a photo-sharing social network. Still, it has evolved to include live video, messaging features (called “Direct”), shopping features (“Shopping”), social gaming (“Playground”), as well as more traditional Instagram features like filters applied to photos.
If you’re looking for tips on starting and growing on Instagram, this blog post is for you!
- Instagram Reels
- Instagram Stories
- Instagram videos and photos
- Instagram Carousel
- Instagram Live
And so on.
- Instagram is a top-rated social media platform that has been around for some time.
- The most recent update to the app has been the introduction of Instagram reels and stories.
- These features have made it easier for people to share their lives on social media and make it easier for brands to interact with their customers on Instagram.
- Instagram is a great way to promote your business, whether you’re just starting or have been established for years.
- People are more likely to follow your brand if they know you’re using Instagram Stories to post about what’s going on in your life.
- The Instagram reel is a short video that showcases your work in the best possible way.
- You can use it as a powerful marketing tool to attract potential clients and present your work more compellingly.
- The first step of creating an Instagram reel is to choose the best clips from your portfolio.
- You can use any video editing app to create a beautiful and personalized reel that will stand out from others.
- The next step is adding music, which will help create an atmosphere for your reel.
- After you are done with the edit, you can upload it straight onto Instagram or YouTube with just a few taps on your phone.
- The Instagram story is a wonderful tool for sharing moments from your life in a live mode with your followers. You can post anything from a quick video clip to a series of photos and videos that show what you’re up to.
- Instagram stories are temporary and disappear after 24 hours, so they are one of the coolest parts of the app. It means that if you don’t like it or change your mind, all you have to do is delete the story and start over again.
Some of the features of Instagram stories are as follows:
- You can add your favourite and royalty-free music to the story.
- To keep your followers engaged, you can use a Quiz sticker.
- You can add a Countdown sticker for any event.
- You can ask questions by using the Question sticker.
- You can use emoji stickers.
- You can insert a customizable link in your story.
- You can also use it to conduct a poll.
- You can use hashtags, text, locations, and mention stickers to add some fun elements to your story.
- You can add filters to your story, just like on the main Instagram feed.
- You can make use of Instagram stories for business purposes as well. It’s an excellent way to engage with customers and tell them about the latest updates on your products or services.
- Users had previously been able to share videos up to an hour long through Instagram’s IGTV app.
- As of now, this functionality is no longer available. Instagram video posts have replaced it with its newest and improved features. Instagram enables its users to upload videos between 3 sec to10 min long.
Instagram Photos or Carousel:
- Instagram carousels are posts with a set of images grouped. These posts are great for telling stories with multiple images.
- On Instagram, a carousel can display a maximum of 10 videos or photos.
- Regardless of the size of the photo, at least 1080 by 1080 should be the resolution.
- All photos must have the same size, so if you choose a portrait photo as your ﬁrst photo, all subsequent photos must be portrait.
- The upload size of your photos must be under 30 MB in either JPEG or PNG formats.
- It is also possible to upload videos to a carousel post on Instagram. Carousel videos shouldn’t be more than 60 seconds long.
- Instagram Live is a great way to engage with followers, provide behind-the-scenes footage and create content on the go.
- It provides a way to broadcast live videos to followers and other people interested in what you are doing. There is only one 24-hour window during which the video stream is available. Then it will disappears forever.
- The beneﬁts of using Instagram live is that it can be used for any occasion or event.
- It’s easy to use and it can be used on the go and at home; it’s free to use, there’s no need for editing or production skills, and all posts will be saved in your proﬁle feed permanently, so you don’t have to worry about losing anything.
- Instagram carousel allows users to create different types of images that can be used in their posts. Users can choose from various ﬁlters, backgrounds, frames, text overlays, etc., to make their image look unique.
- Instagram carousel lets users share multiple images at once. This feature makes it easy for users to share multiple images without going through each photo separately.
- Instagram carousel allows people to add videos to their proﬁles. Videos are added directly to the carousel and can be viewed by other users.
- It allows users to add links to websites or blogs.
- In the Instagram carousel, the user can reorder the images. They can move them around and even remove some of them if needed.
- It allows you to add text to your images. You can write captions under the images, which will appear below the image.
Instagram has over 1 billion active users from all walks of life. The platform is an excellent tool for promoting your business and get exposure. On the other hand, if you do not utilize these features properly, you may encounter problems or you may lose out on potential customers. If you want in-depth knowledge of Instagram, then click here.