You’ve worked hard to establish a website that accurately portrays your brand. The most crucial step after that is to drive traffic to it. Increased website traffic can result in more leads, conversions, and sales. Even the slightest increase in traffic can have a significant impact on the bottom line.
There are numerous strategies to boost visitors, some of which are more effective than others. We’ve compiled a list of both paid and free strategies to attract traffic to your website in this guide. Let’s take a look at how to attract traffic to your website utilizing 13 tried-and-true strategies, ranging from search engine optimization (SEO) and guest blogging to retargeting.
- Create Meaningful Content
Organic content is one of the most effective free strategies to increase visitors to your website. This type of content is free and can be located using a keyword search. It can live on your website’s blog, knowledge base, or resource page. When you first start a blog, you should write entries that contain frequently searched keywords, phrases, and questions.
- Consider Guest Blogging.
Guest posting can instantly enhance your website traffic. You boost your probability of gaining a link back to your website from another site that hosts your material by guest blogging. However, many businesses use guest blogging as part of their inbound marketing strategy. According to one success tale, guest blogging increased search traffic by 340 percent and resulted in over 100,000 site visitors in one year.
- Refresh, Combine, and Redirect Out-of-Date Content
The search engine results page (SERP) is continually changing as algorithms prefer the most comprehensive and up-to-date information. Consider constantly upgrading your material to better coincide with the newest trends and changes linked to that issue cluster while considering ways to generate traffic to your website. Because updating a blog with multiple pages may be difficult, priorities enhancing your most strategic pieces first.
- How to Enhance Your Content:
- Replace any outdated information (especially statistics and years)
- Include new photographs and videos.
- Increase the word count of the content to match the average SERP for the term.
- Internal and external links should be refreshed.
- Reuse Your Content
When it comes to driving traffic to your website, it’s not necessarily about generating more content. Repurposing current marketing collateral is one recommended strategies to boost visitors to make the most of it. Renew your blog entries by being innovative with your content strategy, such as turning an article into an infographic for social media. You will be able to reach more individuals and generate traffic with strategies to boost visitors to your website as a result of varying your content forms.
- Create a Post Featuring Expert Roundups
Putting the attention on others can sometimes draw people back to you. You may publish an expert roundup piece to accomplish this and increase website traffic.
- Disseminate Evergreen Content
Consider evergreen material to be a “present that keeps on giving.” In gardening, there are plants that remain green and fresh all year.
- Concentrate on Long-Tail Keywords
Pages optimized for long-tail keywords rank 11 spots higher on average. Moving up the SERP results in more clicks and, as a result, more traffic to your website. But, first and foremost, what precisely are long-tail keywords? Longer phrases with more than three words are referred to as this form of keyword.
- Obtain High-Quality Backlinks
Backlinks are obtained whenever another website or blog links to your site, as previously stated. You can get trust from search engines and rank higher on the SERP by increasing the quantity of quality backlinks.
- Retargeting Previous Website Visitors
You’ve already worked hard to attract a visitor to your website. If they abandon your site without converting, you can retarget them with an ad to bring them back to your site.
You can retarget your viewers with suitable banner ad pictures by using cookies and tracking pixels. These advertisements can sometimes be as particular as presenting the last item a person looked at, pushing them to complete the order.
- Use Paid Search Ads to Outperform the Competition.
Are there any keywords that you simply aren’t ranking for on the SERP that are critical to your product or business? You may rank above organic search results for a list of keywords by using Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Google’s Paid Search Ads, also known as AdWords.
- Create Social Media Ads That are Specific to Your Audience.
Organic social media marketing is a highly effective free methods and strategies to boost visitors to your website. Nonetheless, you’re frequently confined to exposing your content to the same followers over and over. You may reach new audiences at scale by running sponsored ads and sponsoring posts on social media.
- Participate in Social Media.
How to Drive Traffic to Your Website Using Social Media:
- Create blog posts and other interesting content.
- Include connections to your websites on your profiles, such as in your bio.
- Include social sharing buttons on your website to broaden your audience.
- Engage with your followers and respond to their remarks.
- Make use of relevant hashtags.
- Share company news.
- Organize competitions and prizes that require users to take action on your website, such as signing up for your newsletter.
- Customers should be tagged, and User Generated Content should be used.
- Collaborate with influencers.
- Increase Traffic to Your YouTube Channel
YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine, after Google. People use YouTube to view guides and tutorials, which are among the 5 billion videos watched on the platform each day.
To boost visitors to your website, you need a sound strategies to boost visitors. With the right strategy in place, you’ll have everything you need to take control of your incoming web traffic and convert more visitors into leads. Download our eBook today for our strategies on how to increase traffic to your website.