To clean duplicate photos should be the biggest concern for every PC user as unwanted duplicates keep on increasing. With time, if the library isn’t organized properly then you may end up finding thousands of duplicates taking up space on your PC. Don’t get worried about these files as we are going to share some of the best methods that you can choose for removing duplicate photos easily. So without any further delay, let’s take a look at the methods to delete or clean duplicate photos permanently.
Methods to Remove Or Clean Duplicate Photos from Photo Library
Below we have shared two methods that can help you in clean duplicate photos easily. Depending on your preference you can choose the method.
- Automatic Method
The automatic method to clean duplicate photos is the easiest when it comes to clean duplicate photos. In this method, all you need to do is find the best duplicate photo finder software and that’s it. Once you are done with finding and installing the software, you are halfway through as now you just have to click twice to remove duplicate images.
After looking for the best duplicate photo finders software we have found Quick Photo Finder as the best. So below we are going to share steps of that software only. However, if you are using any other software too then also you can read the steps as most duplicate photo remover software has similar steps.
- On the home screen of the software, you can select files, folders, images size, image types, and various other aspects to filter scan
On the home screen, click on the scan button and wait till the redirect you to the result section
- After a few moments, the software will present a list of duplicate photos to you. It will auto mark the duplicates for your ease. You can either delete the duplicates one by one or can proceed with the software’s selected duplicates.
That’s it, all your duplicates will be removed in just two easy steps. The best part about using the automatic method is that you don’t have to invest much time in removing the duplicates. Whichever software you choose, always check their features and user reviews. As no one wants to waste effort and time using bad software.
2. Manual Method for Clean Duplicate Photos
Manual method is not always necessary to perform but for some clean duplicate photos software, you need to perform it as the Photos app protects all the files and does not let any third-party application delete them. So if your duplicate finder software didn’t perform as expected, then you have to perform the manual method too.
Before we start the steps to remove duplicates. You can follow only the manual method as well. The only disadvantage is that you will have to look for each and every file by yourself and then remove them. The process can take upto hours or days depending on the number of images.
Keeping that aside, now let’s look at the steps you need to follow to remove duplicates permanently.
- Open Photos app and expand “My Albums”
- From the list choose the “Duplicates” option
- Now from the displayed images, choose the duplicates which you wish to delete
- When you selected multiple images, right-click on the photos and then press the Command key
- Now click on the “Delete Photos” option
- Once deleted the photos will be a move to the recently deleted section. Simply click on the “Recently Deleted” option from the sidebar
- Now click the “Delete All” button from the top right corner of the window and then confirm it by clicking on “Delete”
After following the steps as mentioned, you will remove the duplicates permanently from the system.
The above-mentioned methods are the best and the easiest which you can follow to remove duplicates photos from your PC permanently. Though if you are using software that is being restricted by the Photos app then you would have to follow the second method as well. So, be careful when you choose the automatic software for duplicate removal. That’s all for this article, we hope that you will find this article useful. If you did please leave your views in the comments section. We would love to hear from you.