Table of Contents Hide
Revolution of Smart TV app development
In a new age where Smart TVs and Smart Appliances are constantly becoming part of everyday life, the Smart TV app development industry is rapidly expanding to ensure smooth connectivity across multiple devices and platforms. Smart TV application development opens up a world of entertainment possibilities like streaming videos, playing games, surfing social media.
Smart TV app development also remotely controls and manages all of your systems from a single app on compatible devices. Additionally, new business branches emerge such as the iOS/Android TV app market, specific platforms, and television-focused development. As a result, starting a business in this rapidly growing industry is a good investment right now.
Smart TV Market Size with Growth Statistics – New Developments in the Television Industry
- In 2020, the worldwide smart TV app development companies are expected to reach 268.9 million units. This is expected to increase to 1.18 billion units by 2028, representing a 20.8 percent CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
- A steady spike in the usage of streaming devices, combined with rising internet penetration, is one of the primary drivers of this growth.
- Other factors that have boosted demand for smart TVs include rising customer interest in OLED and QLED displays, as well as the introduction of 4k and 8k resolution TV sets.
- According to the survey, smart TVs accounted for 70% of all television sets sold worldwide in 2018, indicating that this phenomenon leads to business expansion.
- In 2015, smart TV application development generated over $30 billion in revenue, which is predicted to grow to around $67 billion by 2025.
- Video streaming services, on the other hand, profit not only in the entertainment industry but also in other commercial sectors.
- From 2021 to 2028, the 8K TV market is predicted to increase at the quickest rate, with a CAGR of around 19.0 percent.
- They are using the Over-the-Top OTT platform to distribute creative content over the internet. Moreover, several industry companies are partnering with streaming media player manufacturers in order to broaden their portfolio and raise their brands.
- Advertisement broadcasting, keeping customers informed about key services, and managing workers/clients are just a few examples of how ‘big screen’ opportunities can be used in business.
- The best operating system is what makes a TV app development. There are numerous OS solutions available today that provide enough chances for Smart TV app developers. Some of them are:
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire
- Samsung Tizen
- Roku TV
- Smart Alliance
Smart TV Apps – Best App suites you & your taste
Smart TV Apps is a different operating system that allows smart TVs to installing apps and access digital content natively, similar to how mobile devices do. A quick download and installation of new applications are now possible from the television store. As a result the internet access has ensured the finest ability to operate programs designed for various purposes and innovativeness.
Apple TV, LG TVs, Android TV, Samsung TVs, Sony, and Fire TV are just a few of the industry’s established benchmarks. As a result, a growing number of companies are investing in the creation of new smart TV apps. In comparison to traditional televisions, smart TVs come with more advanced functions and applications.
Classifications of Smart TV App
- Video Streaming
Develop a Smart TV & subscribe to an online video streaming service. If you have a fast Internet connection, there are more movies and TV shows available to stream than any person will ever have enough time to watch all of them. The only way to do this is if you have a TV that has an app that supports one or more online services you wish to use.
- Gaming Application
These gaming apps are created with TV limitations in mind. These allow users to play practically any game using a wireless keyboard or a Bluetooth controller right on their TV. In this way, users will have access to the popular game, streaming platforms to play their favorite games.
- Learning TV App
These apps assist children in broadening their horizons by teaching them new skills and making studying more enjoyable and participatory. Furthermore, large-screen televisions contribute to elevating the experience. For a long time, online education has been in high demand. Users can get a good education from the comfort of their own homes thanks to well-organized programs. He or she can use the remote control to pause the video, take a break, and re-watch it.
- Marketing & Advertising App
Promotional advertisements during video streaming sessions are the monetization techniques for smart TV apps. As a result, a smart TV application development with marketing and advertising management capabilities is also an alternative.
Key Considerations to Develop App for Smart TV
Almost every traditional TV app development company is now releasing its line of smart televisions. To be competitive, they must keep up with the times and accommodate the need for apps on televisions.
Here are some reputable facts and insights that shed light on user behavior and indicate the rise of smart TV app development companies:
- From 2021 to 2026, the global smart TV app development companies are expected to develop at a CAGR of 16.52 percent.
- To get a solid foothold in the market, TV makers are teaming up with streaming device manufacturers and smart TV app development companies. Samsung, for example, collaborated with several personal fitness companies to develop fitness and wellness apps for its smart TVs.
- The number of smart TVs shipped in 2015 was 216 million. In 2019, this figure jumped to 218 million.
- In 2018, smart TVs accounted for over 70% of all televisions sold worldwide.
- With the surge in popularity of the OTT platform, smart TV app development companies have the resources to provide you with a cutting-edge, customized service that will help you stand out.
- When it comes to TV app development, Android is the most popular operating system. It has a 40% market share, followed by Tizen, webOS, Roku, and other platforms. The native experience that Android delivers from smartphones to TVs is the major reason why consumers choose it.
- People want to utilize applications on televisions and have the best experience with their utilities, as seen by the increased adoption of smart televisions. They can utilize television for talking, shopping, surfing, downloading, reading the news, and a variety of other activities.
Smart TVs are a developing customer trend that will continue to rise in popularity in the near future. As a result, if you have a great idea for a smart TV app and want to make the most money with consistent growth, you should get started right away.
You can build an original and interactive smart TV app through the top OTT platform provider and start your video streaming business adventure to establish a regular revenue stream. Building a Smart TV application not only increases viewership, but also expands the reach of the brand, thus improving the whole experience.