Table of Contents Hide
- QuickBooks License Error: A Quick Overview
- Different Responsible Factors behind Fix QuickBooks License Error
- Things to do before troubleshooting
- Best Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks License Errors
- To Conclude!
- Similar Link to Read: What is the Best Way to Fix Quickbooks Error 15243?
QuickBooks license error appears when the software is denied the activation after putting in the relevant license number and product code. It is one of the most irritating errors that majorly appears due to a damaged license file. Every user is required to fix QuickBooks license errors issue in a possible time so that they can validate the installation procedure.
Well, the guide is supposed to be a helping hand for eradicating the issue. You don’t have to be searched around for the best solutions. Just dive directly into the post and learn some quick ways to fix QuickBooks license errors. As of now, make sure that you have understood the basics of the error.
The license error occurs due to the missing encrypted file. The error text generally comes as “QuickBooks License error”. Moreover, the best solution to fix the issue is deleting the EntitlementDataStore. ECML file. We will try out this solution for sure but first, let’s understand all the hidden causes that bring the error.
Lots of factors can be moving around the software to make the error appear. You can check out the list below to know them.
- The QuickBooks file is not saved before importing.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- MSXML component of Windows gets damaged
- If Windows is also outdated.
- QuickBooks activities get blocked due to antivirus software.
Well, these all causes can make the QuickBooks license error after the clone appears. You are required to remove them from the system. But, before that, let’s get into and consider these things before troubleshooting.
- Verify that you use a valid key for registering the software.
- Also, make a backup of your company file.
- QuickBooks should get updates before troubleshooting
- Make sure to use the QuickBooks file doctor if the error appears during accessing QuickBooks.
Here are some of the best ways that you can try on your own to fix QuickBooks License Errors issue.
The first solution could be removing the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file. Below are the given steps to be done for resolving to fix QuickBooks license errors issue.
- First of all, you need to close your QuickBooks software.
- Once done, just ensure that the QuickBooks processes are running or not.
- If they are running then try to stop them.
- Hit three tabs together with Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- It will open up a new window Task Manager.
- After that, navigate towards the Processes tab.
- Now, choose each of the running processes.
- You need to click on the End Task button to stop them from running.
- After configuring all these parts, let’s try to access the entitlement folder.
- For that, you need to first access the Run window.
- Now, just mention C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8
- Don’t forget to hit the Enter tab.
- Make sure to choose the ECML file.
- Perform a right-click on this specific file.
- Thereafter, hit the Delete button.
- Just access the QB software after the file gets deleted.
- In the end, try to register QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks license error after clone has not been resolved from the first solution. Then, make sure to navigate below and disable the antivirus.
- To initiate, move towards the Taskbar.
- Now, tap on the arrow buttons.
- These buttons will provide you with options.
- Make sure to perform a right-click on the antivirus icon.
- Also, choose the Disable button.
- Don’t forget to mention the time for the amount of period you want to disable the security software.
- The time should be following the time taken for registering the software.
- The antivirus will resume the work after the period gets over.
- Once done with the entire steps, just enable the application.
- Now, the antivirus is successfully disabled.
Make sure that the windows is up to date. If you don’t know the procedure to conduct it then head towards the steps below.
- Visit the Start menu in the initial step.
- Now, choose the Gear icon to expand the Windows settings.
- After that, you need to select the update and Security button.
- Move towards the left navigation bar to tap Check for Updates.
- You will be notified about the presence of updates within the system.
- If there is any update then select the Get Updates or Download button.
- The update will automatically occur.
The steps below will help you to use the tool on your device.
- Download the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- Make sure to save the downloaded file.
- Close all other programs and run QBInstall Tool.
- Restart the system now.
- Update the Windows if you are using an outdated version.
- Again, restart your system.
- Lastly, just check whether the issue is fixed or not.
So, this is all about to fix QuickBooks license errors after clone. We hope that you like this article and resolve all the different queries forming in your mind. However, if anything is left to be resolved then make sure to tell us in the comment section.