WhatsApp provides the capability to erase chats and messages within its online messaging interface. However, the predicament arises when a crucial WhatsApp message or conversation is unintentionally deleted WhatsApp chats or misplaced during actions like device resetting or replacement. Does this signify a permanent loss of such messages, or is there a means to reclaim them?
Take heart, for the prospect of recovering deleted or misplaced WhatsApp messages is indeed viable. Curious about the process? Within this piece, we will furnish you with insights into the retrieval of deleted WhatsApp chats, erased messages or multimedia content on WhatsApp, catering to both Android and iOS devices. Furthermore, we will elucidate the procedure for generating a backup of your WhatsApp account to facilitate eventual recovery, along with other pertinent details.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chats on Android phone
For Android users, WhatsApp provides the option to create regular backups of your chat history either on Google Drive or within the device’s internal storage. You can choose the frequency of these backups – daily, weekly, or monthly. These backups serve as a means to retrieve erased or absent WhatsApp messages, though this retrieval is limited to the specific auto-backup timeframe you’ve chosen. Consequently, any conversations predating the subsequent backup will be irretrievably lost.
From Google Drive:
When trying to recover deleted WhatsApp chat messages from Google Drive, it’s essential to ensure that you employ the identical phone number and Google account associated with the original backup. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to retrieve WhatsApp chat backups from Google Drive on an Android device:
- Remove WhatsApp from your Android device and subsequently reinstall it.
- Launch the application and input your registered WhatsApp phone number for logging in. Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) received on the same number to verify your identity.
- Following verification, a notification will prompt you to restore your chat backup from Google Drive. Tap on “Restore” to commence the recovery procedure.
- After the initialization process is complete, select “Next” to access all your chat conversations.
During this process, WhatsApp will also download media files such as photos, videos, documents, and other content in the background onto your Android smartphone.
From local backup:
In the event that you haven’t backed up your chat history on Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically try to retrieve the same information from your local backup file. To accomplish this, you’ll need to transfer the backup WhatsApp files to your Android phone utilizing a file explorer, computer, or an SD card. Here’s the steps to do is:
• Open the file manager application on your Android device.
• Within the application, navigate to either /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases or Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Backups (for Android 12 and newer versions).
• From all of the backup files, duplicate the most recent one and paste it into the Databases directory within the internal storage of your current or new device.
• Subsequently, uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone. Proceed to log in using your registered phone number.
• Upon encountering the appropriate prompt, opt for the “Restore” choice to retrieve all deleted or missing chats from the local backup.
Note: Your phone’s internal storage automatically takes backup of the most recent seven days’ worth of WhatsApp history within local backup files. These backups are generated daily at 2:00 am and are saved as individual files.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chats on iPhone
Prior to embarking on the steps outlined below, it is imperative to confirm the presence of an iCloud backup for WhatsApp. To do so, access WhatsApp and navigate to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. If the backup is indeed in place, you can proceed as instructed hereafter:
• First start the process by uninstalling WhatsApp from your iPhone. This can be accomplished by selecting “Remove App” followed by “Delete App.”
• Subsequently, access the App Store and proceed to reinstall the messenger application onto your device.
• Upon successful installation, launch the app and verify your phone number.
• Follow the ensuing prompts to initiate the retrieval of your deleted or absent messages from your iCloud backup.
Take Regular backups of WhatsApp:
If you want to be able to recover deleted WhatsApp chats you have to have a backup of the same on cloud or on your local storage. If you do not have backup then you won’t be able to recover the deleted WhatsApp chats.
If in case the backup of the WhatsApp gets deleted from your device then you can try to recover them using the data recovery software. There are many data recovery software available that you can use to recover the deleted data.
WhatsApp is a very popular chat application. You can connect with your loved ones using this application. If due to any reason our charges are deleted then it can be very difficult to recover the change.
We have mentioned the methods that will help you to recover the WhatsApp chats on your device. If the backup files get deleted on your device then you have to use data recovery software to recover them and then follow the steps we have mentioned in this article.