Table of Contents Hide
Downloading and installing printer drivers can sometimes be confusing for some people. Though all the cannon printer drivers are easily available on the official website and can be installed using a CD, the process may not seem easy for people. But the process is important if you want your printer to work smoothly and you wish to avoid issues.
Now, in this post, we have come up with a guide to explain to you how to download Canon printer drivers on your system and also, how to install the same. Read the article till the end to know in detail.
Things to Keep in Mind
Before you download the Canon printer drivers on your system, there are some points that you will have to keep in mind. Check out all the points below.
- Verify all the system requirements before you start installing the Canon printer driver on the system.
- Now, there are chances that you will encounter a User account control prompt while installing the driver. In that case, you will have to ensure that you have signed in to your system as an administrator and also choose the continue or allow option.
- When done, in case you are using the standard user account, you will have to type your admin password.
- Ensure that you have a stable and good internet connection.
- Make sure that you are using your system as a domain user having administrator rights.
- In case while installing the driver, the windows security prompt will appear on the screen, you will have to choose the option to install drivers.
- Also, you will have to disable the firewall on your system while installing.
- Other than this, if the installation fails at any moment, you will have to end the process and then install it again.
- In case you face issues in the installation of the software after updating your operating system, you will have to reinstall the application on the system.
Steps to Download Cannon Printer Drivers
So, keeping all the things that we have mentioned above in mind, proceed with downloading the Canon driver. Below we have mentioned all the methods that you will have to follow to download Canon drivers. Make sure to follow all the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Download Cannon Driver Via Website
To download all the Canon printer drivers manually, you can also use Canon official website. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to visit the official Canon website and then enter your printer’s model number. You can also visit ij.start.cannon.
- Also, you will then have to select the operating system that you are using.
- When done, you will have to click on the option to download printer drivers.
- Next, you will have to wait till the driver is downloaded and then install the drivers by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
Download Cannon Driver Via CD
With your printer, you will also get a setup CD. It will include all the drivers that you need for the setup of the printer. You can choose to either download the drivers directly through the CD or download the drivers on your system. Check out all the relevant steps below.
- To start with, you will have to insert your printer CD in the CD-ROM of your printer.
- You will then have to hover to the icon of my computer and then choose the CD-ROM icon.
- When done, you will have to choose the required drivers from the list of all the drivers.
- After this, you will have to right-click on the driver that you wish to install.
- Next, you will have to copy the driver and then paste the driver on the desktop of your system.
- After this, you will have to install the drivers on the system by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
Download Cannon Printer Driver Automatically
Another method that you can use to canon driver download is to download an upgrade tool like Driver downloader. The tool will enable you to detect outdated drivers and install the same on the system. Check out all the steps below.
- To start with, you will have to start your browser and then look for the driver downloader application.
- You will then have to click on the file that you have downloaded and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- When done, you will have to start the tool and it will detect all the missing drivers on your system.
The process to Update Cannon Printer Driver
Now, if you have downloaded the Canon printer driver on the system and you need to update them to the latest version. Here are all the steps that you wish to follow.
- To start with, you will have to click on the start icon on the screen. You will then have to type update in the search box. From the available options, choose the windows update option.
- Now, click on the option to update Windows on the system.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to check for updates.
- Also, click on the option for option available updates.
- When done, you will have to check if any driver update is available or not.
- In the end, if any update is available, you will have to click on the option to download and install.
This was how you can download Cannon printer driver on the system. In case you still face issues while downloading the drivers, you will have to talk to the support team.