Do you want to switch your QuickBooks in multi-user mode? Are you facing a problem while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode? So, this issue appears on your system due to the QuickBooks Error H202. A user may receive an error message when trying to open a company file from another system or if QuickBooks fails to open the file from multi-user mode.
Whenever QuickBooks Error H202 appears on the system then a message will pop up on your screen like Error Code: H202: “QuickBooks needs some help connecting to another computer that contains the company file” or “There is a problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks can’t connect to the server on that computer (H202)” or “You can’t access a company file that is located on another computer. The file could not be opened in multi-user mode in QuickBooks (H202).
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
- Wrong hosting configuration setting.
- Firewall blocks incoming and outgoing communication.
- DNS server conflicts.
- The host system’s IP address is not available.
- .ND network data file is damaged.
- QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor not running on the server computer.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error H202
There are some methods that help to fix your QuickBooks Error H202. follow all the steps correctly and resolve your error issues:-
Method 1- Network Connectivity Test
- Press Window+R at the same time to open the Run Command Window.
- Then, on the box type CMD.
- From your computer, pings the server.
- Enter ping_servername and tap on OK.
- And if there is a problem in the network then a repair is needed.
Method 2- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QBFDT is the best to troubleshoot different types of QuickBooks Error like Error code H101, H303, H202, or H505, Quickbooks error 15241 now, follow the steps to process this:-
- Download and then install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Now, open the QuickBooks tools hub by clicking on the file of company issues.
- Open the company file.
- After that, click on the check box for your file.
- Next, Enter the QuickBooks admin name and the password and click on the Next option.
Method 3- QuickBooks Database Server Manager Install and Run
- Firstly, click on Window start menu and type the “database” in the search bar.
- Then Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Locate the company’s files in a folder. Use the browser feature if you can’t find them.
- Type the folder name and tap on start scan.
- Make sure the system firewall settings are correct with QBDBSM.
- Close QBDBSM after scanning is complete.
- You have to open QuickBooks, on each of the workstations in which the issues appear.
- Click on the Multi-User Mode option in the File menu.
You may also read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057? [Solved]
Method 4- Add the service QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService to the admin
- Make sure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService windows have admin permission on the server.
- If the service doesn’t have the permission of admin then get it. This will fix the QuickBooks H202.
Method 5- Verify QuickBooks Service
- Open the QuickBooks and go to the File then Click on Utilities.
- Then Choose the option of Host Multi-User Access.
If you want to verify QBCFMonitorservice and QuickBooksDBXX then follow the below steps:-
- Open Run window and then type service.msc and press OK.
- Then select QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now, check the startup type and set it as automatic.
- And then check service status and make sure it is working
- Go to the Recovery tab and select.
- Then visit the drop-down menu after subsequent failures.
- Now, restart the service. After that click on the apply button.
- Again, perform the same above-mentioned steps in QBCFMonitorService.
Method 6- Configure Firewall Setting
- Create an exception in the firewall system setting.
- Change the firewall permission setting and open QuickBooks on the computer.
- Now, select the file and then click on the option of multi-user mode.
Method 7- Add Server on Window Host File
- Firstly, close all the QuickBooks Window.
- Then go to the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server.
- Open the host file and click on Notepad.
- Type in IP Address & the name of the computer. Server, IP and name of the computer. For computer, IP of the server and computer name. Separate the names of computers if necessary and IP address then click on tab key.
Method 8- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download and then install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Then, scan the folder of data file.
- Write down the network interfaces and IP addresses.
- Enable the open port tab for QuickBooks.
- At last, move to the test the connectivity of data file.
Method 9- Make a New Folder in QuickBooks Company File
- Make a folder on the server.
- Change the permission to share the new folder and the QuickBooks Company Files.
- Then copy .qbw file to the new folder.
- Now, open the Multi-user mode for company files.
In this article, we discuss that how to fix QuickBooks Error H202. I hope this article will be helpful for you and the above-mentioned following methods will resolve this issue from your system. If you have any other related issues then visit our other articles also.